Sunday, October 16, 2005

10/16 CROWN ROYAL AND PORK CHOPS

After a long day of doing nothing, I’m sipping on a glass of Crown Royal (straight up) and cooking some pork chops on the grill. I marinated most of them using a store-bought lime/mesquite marinade. The other three I marinated in my own concoction. It’s nothing fancy. I boiled some dried red chiles (like the New Mexico chiles) and put them in a blender with 8oz of tomato sauce, a little of the boiling water (to thin) and two cloves of garlic. I strained the sauce afterward and froze some of it. This sauce is good for marinade, enchiladas and menudo. You need to thin it a bit if making enchiladas though.

My day was slow and not particularly productive. Actually, I really don’t have a damned thing worth writing about. I did help The Warden with her research paper, so I guess the day wasn’t a total waste. Her professor still sucks ass, by the way.

++++++++++

Tired of plugging the holes the dogs dig under the wood fence into the neighboring yards, I started my first assault on their irritating habit.

Phase I:
I sprayed their favorite excavation sites with a homemade concoction consisting of a quart of water, 8 habanero peppers, and a head of garlic. I blended the stuff up, strained it, and applied it to the doggie mines with one of those lawn/garden sprayer thingies that hooks up to the hose. They’ve been staying away from their favorite places, but have found a new place, which will be sprayed tomorrow.

Phase II:
If the first attack doesn’t keep them away, I’ll head down to the local giganta-home-store and will purchase a roll of mesh wire. It’s kinda like chicken wire, but with smaller holes. I’ll cut it into strips, anchor it along the fence line, and cover it with some topsoil. When the doggies dig, their tiny toenails will run afoul in the mesh and they’ll walk away thinking, “well doesn’t that just suck now?” (In doggie language, of course).

++++++++++

Dubya Quote of the Day:
"In terms of timetables, as quickly as possible—whatever that means."
—Bush, on his own time frame for shoring up Social Security, Washington D.C., March 16, 2005

5 comments:

We sing we dance we steal things said...

I will have to try the marinade, sounds good. I didn't know you have dogs. What kind do you have? Good luck with the assault.
Tard 2

Carlos said...

The marinade is good. Nothing overpowering...just a nice flavor enhanced by charcoal grilling. Add a touch of salt to it also.

We have three poochies. One that's a mix of a few breeds, another that's a miniature wiener dog, and another that's part wiener dog and part Jack Russell terrier. I'll have to post some pics of them. They're pains in the ass, but they're good dogs.

rlb3773 said...

Hey, I will take some enchiladas and some Crown.

We sing we dance we steal things said...

Yup, you need to post pics of the pooches. We are pooch people and I can't imagine what a Terrier / Weiner dog looks like.
The thought of a tiny little wiener dog, digging a tiny little hole to escape into the neighbors yard is just to funny. They should be little inmates for Halloween.
Luv from
Tards 2 & 5

reneegrrrrrrrr said...

I didn't know you had pooches either, I thought the assualt was for the neighbors barking bitches. I want to see pics of the pooches!!!!

R.

todays word verification:wlvwmamv

I think, it is really hard to read it is in a way funky font and will probably have to do it again cause I think it is wrong.