Saturday, March 11, 2006

It's a Clam Bake!

The Warden finally showed up yesterday evening. We got there just before 6:30pm, right after my boss & his wife showed up. The gig was nothing to write home about. Dinner was decent though. So was the company & the cocktails. My boss, his wife, The Warden and I were at a table with a couple of kids (20s).

++++++++++

Not much planned for today. Well, not much that I know of anyway. I may head to the store for a pile of habanero peppers and a couple of heads of garlic to make a potent anti-doggy potion that I’ll spray along the fence line to keep the mongrels from digging.

++++++++++

This video is pretty clever (Sorry Y, it may suck on dial-up).

++++++++++

Memory Du Jour:
1970, Manhattan Beach, California

I was 8 years old and spent the day digging clams at Pismo Beach with a school friend and his parents. I returned home with a fair number of Pismo clams, much to the joy of my mom, who promptly cooked them up. They were the most delicious clams I have ever had in my life.

A few years ago I told her about this memory and asked her if she remembered how she’d cooked the clams. She didn’t. All I remember is that she did them in a cast iron pan and that they tasted buttery. One day I’ll try to recreate them. When I do, I’ll share the recipe.

++++++++++

Quote of the Day:
15,000 atheists in London rioted after a blank sheet of paper was found on a cartoonist’s desk. — Found on bash.org

4 comments:

We sing we dance we steal things said...

I want new kitchen pics!!!

reneegrrrrrrrr said...

Cute video. Did you know on each week that Bart wrote something different on the chalk board and when they land in the living room they have a different show on the TV each week too?

I don't watch the Simpsons these days but I love that show.

jules said...

Hey, as long as you beat the boss there you're cool. Ease up on the woman, Carlos.

Carlos said...

Y: Coming!

R: I knew about the chalk board, but not about the TV show. The kids and I used to watch The Simpsons every week. Not so much lately.

Jules: Yes ma'am :-) But could you put in a word the next time you have the opportunity to communicate with the Dean of Woman School?