Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sunday

Ah, the Olympics. I do love watching them. What I don’t like is all the corny, up-close-and-personal vignettes they do way too often.

Cue the corny music and the soft “caring” voice of the commentator…After a sappy introduction to the half-legged, 41 year old field hockey player and mother of an autistic lesbian midget; they implore viewers to “dial up” their web site to watch streaming games and matches.

Excuse me, but I tuned in to watch sports on television – not to hear about Rachel Rottencrotch’s penchant for meringue cookies and working at the soup kitchen.

What’s worse is that, of the five or so channels of Olympics coverage on Dish Network, any three are showing the exact fucking same thing at the exact fucking same time. Plus they do not have NBC in high definition, which kills me. Every other network and channel does. What gives?

I just watched China get trounced by the U.S. basketball team (I ain’t callin’ them that gay nickname). What I found refreshing was the response of the crowd. When a U.S. player made a remarkable shot, the crowd would “oooh,” impressed – and then applaud approvingly. When China scored (despite being down 37 points at one point) the crowd would erupt. Yao Ming rooted his teammates to the end, despite the points deficit.

Nice.

I’ve about had my fill of fucking volleyball if you must know. Bring on the track and field events!

Quote of the Day
"Take the Middle East seriously because that's the center of—that's the place where people get so despondent and despair that they're willing to come and take lives of U.S. citizens." — George W. Bush, on advice he would give the next president, Washington, D.C., May 12, 2008

3 comments:

Shelley said...

Bitch, bitch, bitch. Let the network do their thing. What is it you said earlier? "Put on your big-girl panties and deal with it."

Miss you, guy...and miss your complaining - a little. :o)

Shelley said...

BTW - I know you have had your "fill of fucking volleyball" but I also know you like the chicks.

Carlos said...

Shelley: I got your big girl panties! And you have my number on the volleyball; though I prefer the indoor outfits over the beach volleyball getups.