Saturday, November 28, 2009

Saturday

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I know I did!

Here's a site that I thought was pretty cool. It's called My Parents Were Awesome. The site's description: "Before the fanny packs and Andrea Bocelli concerts, your parents (and grandparents) were once free-wheeling, fashion-forward, and super awesome."
The picture at left is one of my mom and an old family friend.

Once upon a time, when I was working in a restaurant in a big retirement community, someone told me something like, "Old people weren't always old. I mean, they weren't born 80." I don't remember who the hell told me that, but I do know it's had a lasting impression on me. When I talk to oldsters today, that thought is always on my mind.

3 comments:

Rimpy Rimpington said...

That's a fun website. I can think of a couple of cool photos of my mom, but my poor dad never did take an awesome photo.

Deech said...

You Carlos? You have a point there...Good site...good post...Maybe one day some one will want to really know my exploits...for now I am busy making them.

TC said...

I love hearing stories of my grandpa when he was young. I try not to think those things about my parents :)