Saturday, February 11, 2012

Say Uncle

Today I found out my uncle, who is 85, had a little fall a few days ago.  The neighbor across the street noticed his cane, glasses and mail strewn about the sidewalk, so she went to investigate.  He had crawled back into the house and was calling for his wife, who was asleep in the bedroom with the door closed.  Why the door was closed is beyond me.

He was supposed to be discharged yesterday.

I haven’t seen my uncle since 2004 after my mother (his sister) died.  I’ve been feeling guilty every year I haven’t been to visit.  This year I got off my ass.  I called him last weekend to coordinate, and made plane reservations the other day.  Now this.  I hope he’s okay.  :-(

5 comments:

Rimpy Rimpington said...

I hope he'll be alright, and that you two have a pleasant visit.

Deech said...

Nothing really for you to be guilty about. Life gets in the way sometimes. You are making the move now and this is a good thing.

Carlos said...

@Rimpster- Thanks. Hope you're well.

@Denis - True. Just wish I wouldn't blown it off so long.

The_Gator said...

Is everything okay? I know there were was a Tornado really close to you. A post would be good.

Carlos said...

All is well. Four tornadoes kinda close to home - within ten miles. Not much sleep last night....