Monday, August 29, 2005

8/29 THERE’S AN ASS IN MY MILK!!

When I was 8 or 9 years old I was living in a little beach house in Manhattan Beach, California.

My best friend (and partner in crime & terror), Eric, lived next door. Between the two of us we raised considerable hell in the neighborhood in 1970 and 1971. I might see if I can talk him into co-authoring a Blog on our exploits one day.

At some point during my tenure in Manhattan Beach Eric and I were sitting on stools at the counter in his parents’ kitchen enjoying milk and cookies between one mission of mischief or another. One of us (I can’t remember who) looked into his cup of milk and started laughing raucously.

Anyway...there were recessed lights above the counter at which we were seated. The cups that held our milk were opaque, and the rims of the cups cast shadows into the milk. Those shadows had the shape of human ass, not unlike a heart shape. I surfed the web in hopes that I’d find something that would serve as a decent representation of what I’m trying to describe, but I couldn’t.

So....go fill an opaque cup to about an inch from the top and hold it under various lights to see if you can duplicate the butt cheeks in the milk. Under the right conditions, you’ll see it. I did, and I think I’m a better person for it.



A recent picture of the Manhhattan n Beach Pier
where I spent entire weekends fishing.


Another picture of the pier.


Left to Right: Eric's dad, Eric, me -- 1970


Eric's house on the right, our little place on the left 1970

2 comments:

reneegrrrrrrrr said...

Wow what a beautiful place you guys fished at!!! Was it that beautiful WAY back then? It’s cool that you keep in touch with a friend from so long ago. You’re as far back as my buddies go, what is it about 27 years? YIKES we’re old.

Have a fab week my old friend!!!

Carlos said...

The pier wasn't as shiny, but then all the windows in that little building weren't boarded up either. There was a snackbar, some games, and a place to buy bait and tackle. Lots of good memories.

I hadn't been in touch with that friend for years until last year. His mom and my mom stayed in touch over the years. Other than him, you're the next oldest buddy I have! 27 years is a long time!! Yikes is right!

C