Thursday, December 22, 2005

Just one Post on Politics, Then I'm Done

My intent was to leave politics out of this blog, but I’ll violate my policy this morning to comment on the bill that is proposed to cut $40 billion over the next five years.

I’ll admit I haven’t read the bill, but all accounts I’ve heard indicate the $40 billion dollars will come out of Medicaid, Medicare and federal student loans.

What does that mean? That means the $40b will come out of the pockets of those of our citizens who are not financially independent. Read that to mean that the working stiff, the middle class, the elderly, the invalid and infirm.

Yesterday at a press conference following the passing of this legislation, Bill Frist said we need to “tighten our belts” and “do more with less.”

My response to Mr. Frist is this:
Kiss my ass you hypocrite. Didn’t Congress just pass massive tax cuts in the face of massive new debt due to hurricanes and the continued war in Iraq? And who got most of those tax cuts? The rich? Yeah.

Oh, and let’s not forget that pesky automatic pay raise Congress allowed itself this year, just as it has every year since 1989. How did you vote when one of your fellow congressmen moved to block the pay raise? Somehow I don’t think you were among the 152 congressmen who voted against the automatic $4K annual pay raise that totals $2.1M per year for 540 congressmen. I hope someone proves me wrong.

Don’t’ forget the massive pork barrel spending that passed this year (think “bridge to nowhere”)

Tighten our belts my ass. Tighten your belts. I've tightened mine, as have the majority of Americans. Tighten the belts of huge business, and foreign aid, and other bullshit spending.

++++++++++

I hope this is my last post on politics for while.

Sorry for being a slacker Nay :-)

++++++++++

Quote of the Day:
“....The saddest day of my life.” – Senator Ted Stevens, 12/21/05, on Congress disallowing drilling for oil in the Alaska Natural Wildlife Refuge
Note: Give me a break with the dramatics Senator. (This is the same dunce that said he’d resign if his $453 million worth of bridges to be built in Alaska were disapproved).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right on! You know what I did? I emailed our representatives and basically told them they suck! You and everyone else that agrees should do the same. Thanks for this post.

reneegrrrrrrrr said...

I'm not even going to start my ranting about the fucking government. I do however do exactly what Sheila said and email my representatives to see how they voted and let them know I'm a registered voter and do pay attention to what they do.

We sing we dance we steal things said...

Early & I were making the very same points, the bastards took it (to fund the fucking war) from the very people who need it most. Fuck all foreign aid, if I choose to give to a charity that builds houses in Africa then that is MY option. The feds shouldn't be offering up my tax dollars, when we have schools and hospitals closing in the US.