Friday, January 06, 2006

Booty

I was sitting here perusing some blogs this morning when a commercial came on the ol’ tee-vee that really bothered me. It was a commercial for the pain killer/anti-inflamatory Motrin. The jingle was more Gwen Stefani-like than a song. Think “Hollaback Girl.”

Anyway, the lyrics go, in part: “Achin’ back don’t bring me down. Wanna shake my booty all around...Gonna ride this back pain outta town...”

To think that there’s some dumbass up at Stupid Commercial World Headquarters getting paid a six-figure salary to sign off on shit like this. What’s even worse is there’s undoubtedly someone out there in tee-vee-land who has purchased Motrin because of this retarded commercial.

It is one of the lamest commercials I’ve seen in recent memory.

++++++++++

After three days of no air conditioning at work I’m ready for the weekend. Temps hovered around 85 and it sucked, especially since I work around heat-spewing computers all day. I’ll find out in an hour or so if the workers finished last night as they were supposed to.

Before my weekend begins though, I get to visit the dentist for a little pain and suffering. They’ll be shooting up the left side of my face with Novocain and doing some work. I then go back the following week for more of the same work, only on the other side of my head.

++++++++++

Quote of the Day:
The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face.

8 comments:

reneegrrrrrrrr said...

Hey Mr. Cj, be sure to pick up some motrin for that pain after the dentist. ;) I've been known to purchase or not purchase a product because of a commercial. For example I hate Carls Jr. commercials and even if I was offered a free meal I wouldn' go. I love energizer commericals and the batteries I purchase are generally energizer.

I hope the novocain wears of quickly. I hate the dentist!!!

Love ya!!!

rlb3773 said...

Man the dentist sucks. You always bite your lip/jaw and drool cause you can't feel your face for hours.

Sounds like a really stupid commercial. I hope I don't see it.

Love the quote.

jules said...

OMG Carlos...I wanna have that quote of the day embroidered on a pillow! It is SOOOOO true. Parents who have their child in daycare especially should know that we know EVERYTHING about you and your life at home through those little mouths!

We sing we dance we steal things said...

I have not seen that commercial but from your description, I feel your pain.
Dentists suck too. Did you get something better than that horrible commercial, booty shaken pain killer?
Hope you feel better bud.

Ivy the Goober said...

It'll be funny if your dentist recommends Motrin :)

Carlos said...

R: Dude! You hate Carl’s Junior? I love their burgers! I can’t say that I’ve ever seen one of their commercials though either. There’s only one Carl’s here in San Antonio, and it’s way on the south side...about 20 miles from the casa. Every once in a while I’ll drag the kids down there. The best burgers in town though are served at a place called Chris Madrid's. Me hate dentists too!

Rlb: I did a little drooling yesterday. Can’t say that I’ve ever been so freakin’ numb in my life.

Jules: That is a funny quote. I love it. I’m going to use it on one of my kiddos when the opportunity presents itself.

Madman: At least six!

Y: I had some Vicodin waiting in the wings for me in case the dental pain was too much to bear. It wasn’t. Dang! Feeling great this morning.

Early: I have absolutely no tolerance for stupid commercials, especially when you consider how much some of the creators are making. I agree that commercials and the commercialization of our society is creating degenerates, crooks and other sewer-dwelling fucks. I have a bad feeling about the summer too. Fortunately I work indoors or I’d fuckin’ die. 10+ years on AZ was quite enough heat for me. Just cuz I live in a hot climate now doesn’t mean I have to like it. :-) “Bring ‘em on.” Possibly one of the most telling quotes our president has ever made. Boy I really dislike that fucker. I’m waiting for politicians to start dropping like flies in light of the Scanlon/Abramoff revelations.

Ivy: He did!!! I didn’t take any though. I took a few Advil, which is technically the same stuff (ibuprofen) but it ain’t Motrin ;-)

Whistler71 said...

Poor Carlos! Hey the friggin portabella shroom burgers rock my world! I just started eating at Carl's jr here and the burgers kick ass!

reneegrrrrrrrr said...

I hate Carrls Jr.

I haven't eaten at one in over 20 years. It could have to do something with the fucking hair on my burger in Austin, but hey at least I got a burger, ~Y~ only got a bun. But I can't stand their commercials, they bug the shit (figuratively speaking) out of me. The new commerical is this guy trying to shake a cow to advertise their shake. I hate their commericals, uugh!!!