Sunday, July 18, 2010

Food

There's a Mexican restaurant in town called La Paloma Blanca. It's a fancy-ish place that I never expected would have really, really good, authentic food. I've been there a dozen times in the last year or so and have never had a bad experience.

I was reading some reviews online today and saw someone gave it one star. Then I noticed where the person was from: Vermont. Pffft....whatever, honey.

The food is, in fact, wonderfully authentic and I've I've eaten Mexican food all my life - At home (Mom, In-laws, family, etc), in Mexico City (where I was born), Progreso (Yucatan), Monterrey, Hermosillo, Bahia Kino, and Puerto PeƱasco, etc.

I went to Paloma Blanca just yesterday with Shelley. It was superb, as always.

-----------

Went grocery shopping yesterday. Got a 4lb chuck roast that we'll be preparing today. I'll document it photographically!

Cheers.

3 comments:

TC said...

I would love some authentic Mexican food. Yum!

Deech said...

Yeah, that would be like me reviewing their maple syrup. I think they would get a tad offended.

I have not had Mexican in a while. You gave me some food for thought for this weekend (all pun intended)

Arlene said...

Truth be told, the person probably didn't even like Mexican food, or thought "authentic" was Chevy's...sad day. I hate people like that!