Sunday, January 23, 2011

Burn, Baby, Burn

After returning home from some running around, Shelley decided to iron two pairs of pants she bought Saturday. She was a few minutes into her second pair when she noticed a big ol’ stain on them. I helped her find her receipt and sat down to watch some football.

The receipt was pretty crinkled up because the plastic shopping bag was jammed into the plastic bag holder with a bunch of grocery bags. Being the anal retentive type, Shelley decided to get the wrinkles out of it…with the iron. “Oh no!” I heard her squeal. When I asked her what was wrong, she held up the receipt. It was black. The paper is thermal, as is most receipt paper. I chuckled :-)

4 comments:

TC said...

Aww, poor thing.

Still, if the store is decent in the customer service department at all, they'll take it back.

Anonymous said...

Now that's some funny shit!! How does this story end??

Carlos said...

@TC - I told her she should be OK with the UPC and the credit card.

@Mrs O - We'll find out next weekend when she returns it :-)

Deech said...

Wow...that sounds like something I would do...