Thursday, September 15, 2005

9/15 FRIDAY


I had a linguistics professor who said that it's man's ability to use language that makes him the dominant species on the planet. That may be. But I think there's one other thing that separates us from animals. We aren't afraid of vacuum cleaners.
--Jeff Stilson

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Today is day four of my adventure in quitting smoking. It hasn’t been too difficult, but I have caught myself getting a little pissy. I’m usually not to tolerant of dumbass drivers. You know, the ones who love their jobs so much they have to drive 80mph through town, weaving in and out of traffic to get their so they have as much time to love it as possible; or the women whose time management skills are so shitty that they have to put on makeup or brush their hair while driving in traffic. I followed a hair-brusher for a few miles yesterday through downtown after dropping The Boy off at school. She was weaving into the lanes to the left and right of her like a drunk, and people were lagging behind her so they wouldn’t get hit. Fortunately she turned off before I lost my fuckin’ mind.

This evening my mission is to make a Frappuccino for The Boy and The Warden who are hooked on them. I bought some stuff at the grocery store that I figure might turn out a good version of it.


Cj

2 comments:

reneegrrrrrrrr said...

I use to be that dumbass driver! The one so excited to get to work, i was going 80 though to get there on time, I was famous for multitasking, just ask ~Y~ she didn't really want to get in a car with me after showing her me cute new shoes that were on my feet while driving.
You'll be glad to know that I practice safe driving these days with the exception of going to the airport last week the second time since Nephew N. left his wallet w/ ID at home.

By the way my tip for you on qutting smoking is I took up eating carrots and speed walking, I actually lost 10 pounds. I had quit for 3 years well this isn't my blog so I'll just shut my f'ing mouth.

Best to you old man!!!! :)

R

Carlos said...

Bad girl!!

Carrots....yes, I've heard that before. I need to buy some for work. Now speedwalking....Unless I have someone to walk with, it positively bores the shit out of me! Thanks for the hints though! I need all the help I can get! :-)

C