Sunday, September 18, 2005

9/18 SUNDAY

Why do you Nextel customers have a need to operate their cell phones in walkie-talkie mode in public with the speakers up full blast? Have you read the owner’s manual? Don’t you know that you can operate your phone in walkie-talkie mode without using the external speaker? Don’t you know that no one in the restaurant or at gate 13 of the San Antonio International Airport wants to listen to your conversation, let alone a conversation on a poor quality speaker turned up way too loud? Really.

I’m serious you Nextel freaks. You really can hold the fucking phone to your fucking pointy head and talk to your fucking pointy-headed friends, and they won’t even know the difference.

So do us all a favor and spare us the details of your plans for the evening, or of the fact that your little helper fucked up and bought the wrong wood at Home Depot.

Okay. I’m done bitching for the morning. I just get tired of those damned Nextels and their obnoxious owners.

++++++++++

I finally got my tires changed yesterday. The Boy went with me. We had breakfast at a nearby Mexican restaurant while the tires were being put on. Got my freakin’ windows tinted once and for all also! Happy birthday to me. Later in the day, I took the Warden out to buy a new purse and wallet that I’m hoping will last her for at least forty more years. :-) She likes them though, so that’s what counts.

The evening was relaxing. I barbecued. Cooked ribeyes for me and The Warden; a T-bone for The Boy; a small rack of baby back ribs for The Girl; and some boneless chicken thighs just for GP. Mucho tasty.

Today’s missions include ironing my pants for the week (something I loathe), doing a couple of resumes for friends, and helping The Warden with a research paper.

If I get things done quickly, I might even have time to watch a little football today.

++++++++++

Dubya Quote of the Day:
I can't wait to join you in the joy of welcoming neighbors back into neighborhoods, and small businesses up and running, and cutting those ribbons that somebody is creating new jobs. Poplarville, Mississippi, September 5, 2005




Cj

7 comments:

reneegrrrrrrrr said...

Hey what is the topic is the Warden researching and for what class is it?

Love from Idaho!!!

p.s., mmm, texas bbq, email me some:)

Carlos said...

I'm not sure what the research paper is. She worked on a take-home test this past weekend instead. She'll have to do it this weekend though.

She's nuts...taking three classes while working full-time. I don't have the metabolism for that kind of schedule!

Cj

We sing we dance we steal things said...

OMG, my Dad has been sneaking off to San Antonio giving lessons on how to be obnoxious with your Nextel phone. Did he teach them the part about how a Nextel customer needs to talk twice as loud, to make sure the person on the speaker can hear them? The wonders of technology.
PS, only a true Tard BBQ's for the pets also. Way to go Carlos you make me proud. We take Baby Boy Banshee out and let him order his own at the drive through. Of course we have to repeat it for him because of his lisp, if we don't they almost always put onions on his food. He hates onions.
Tard 4

reneegrrrrrrrr said...

You know Carlos it seemed when I was working full-time and had a foster daughter and taking classes at BSU I managed much better than just living alone and going to college on a full-time basis. So is the Warden really nuts? I think it might just be very organized, gosh I wish I had my organizational skill back.

Hey Tard #4, Cj is talking about his boy, son, male child :P

I didn't know BBB had a lisp, AnnE won't mind, has he always had it cause I don't recall it?

reneegrrrrrrrr said...

woops, my bad, I was going to delete my comment since I am such a tard, Sorry to Tard 4, I don't really know what I thouht I read that caused me to feel the need to clarify that Cj has a son. WOOP's I truly am a TARD!!!

Carlos said...

Tards R Us :-)

We sing we dance we steal things said...

Yes Tard 3, I am aware of the fact that Cj has a son, his name is Boy. Cj also has a daughter, Girl. I even know that his wifes name is Warden. I should get extra points for paying attention. Oh, maybe I will even take a shot at getting your Tard position LOL.
Luv from Tard 4