Saturday, June 14, 2008

Saturday

The week is mercifully over. The week is also over for Tim Russert. What a shame. I really enjoyed watching him on Meet the Press. That there was such an outpouring of grief and admiration from people across the entire political spectrum says a hell of a lot about the guy. Obviously I didn’t know him, but it was so apparent that he was a decent, fair, intelligent, insightful person who didn’t pander. And ya can’t say that about too many people in broadcast media today.

Jim McKay also died recently. Anyone who grew up watching sports and the Olympics in the 70s and 80s knows who he is. Anyone who remembers “The thrill of victory, and the agony of defeat” knows him.

What I want to know is who replaces people like these when they die? Nancy Grace? Joe Buck? Pfft….

Fat Boy
On a more positive note, I’ve lost fifteen pounds over the last month-and-a-half or so. If I do another fifteen I’ll be okay with that. I don’t have any aspirations to get down to what I was when I was in my twenties or thirties…but I’m gonna do what I can without denying myself good food :-)

I’ve Been De-Flowered!
FlyinFox became the first person to ever tag me with a meme after three years of blogging. I won’t promise it’ll be funny, but it’s here.

Quote of the Day
"Afghanistan is the most daring and ambition mission in the history of NATO." — George W. Bush - Bucharest, Romania, April 2, 2008

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vaya, amigo mio, yo soy flaco tambien. hace dos meses, Yo Perdio a cerca de quince libras, y mi nueva esposa digome estan tiempo para mas griso! Yo Voy a Comer Orrita!! Nachos!

I don't know who could replace Russert he was good I liked him more, and more as he struck deeper at the current administration.
Just imagine drinking rum with me! My spanish is that much worse! LMAO

Hasta Pronto!!

Juan Doe

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the weight loss! Seems to be a lot of that going around.
Gas or food for most of the world.

Bunny

Anonymous said...

AHHHH!!! Carlos, I wrote you again in Spanish. I am really good at it when I've had a few drinks.....I had no idea at the cost of that paint. I am in awe at the price. That is rediculous. The spanish message got lost when my god damn internet went out again....like it is now!!! ahhs
Buenas Dias,

Cabellero

reneegrrrrrrrr said...

Yeah for you at the weight loss!!!

I have watched Russert for years, I was saddened to see on CNN that he died.

Love to you!!!

Nigel St.John Regina Smegmatica Howle-Raines said...

Carlos, way to go on the weight loss and keep at it!

Agree totally about Russert and the others, too. A real loss to thoughtful journalism.

When it comes to unthoughtful journalism, though, for me the choice hands down is Betty Nguyen on CNN weekends. Talk about eye candy...yowza!!

Anonymous said...

Carlos,

On your alter ego political site if you dare post; my latest post please do you have better readership than I, and it is very important. I have told all the other people that I read to steal it claim the post is theirs, forward it out, and do what ever they feel necessary; hell you can even edit and change it if you like. Just take a look, and see if you'll publish it as your own, or I don't care it is important enough you can give a link, or credit!

John Dough

Deech said...

Carlos,

I popped your cherry? OMG I am so honored!

Glad to hear that gravity has less of a hold on you...this weekend it seemed to want to hold on to me more.

Yeah, they are dropping like flies! Death comes in threes right? I think all the news reporters are scrambling...The weather guys are all nervous...lets see..A Sports Anchor, a News Anchor...who's left? Ah yes...the weather guy! Al Roker is running hard babe!

Flyinfox_SATX